Summary Booking Terms & Conditions
We have summarised our key terms and conditions below. If you prefer, you can download them via pdf here.
- All bookings depend on the property and other arrangements being available. You, as the person in charge of the party (“the party leader”), must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking. All other members of the party must authorise you to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions. By making the booking, you confirm that you are authorised to make the booking and that all other members of the party agree that the booking will be governed by these booking conditions. You, as the party leader, are responsible for making all payments due to us, not anyone else.
- The total number of people occupying any one retreat is limited to that stated in the promotional material unless by prior consent. The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- When you book, you must pay the deposit amount then due plus any applicable booking fee by debit or credit card, or by sending a bank transfer. We only accept payment in pounds sterling. We must then receive the remainder of the money owed no less than 10 weeks before the start of your stay, or no less than 12 weeks where the property is stated to sleep 10 or more people. For any arrangements booked less than two weeks before the start of your stay, you must pay for the booking in full by debit or credit card, or by bank transfer, at the time of booking.
- We keep the prices charged by the owner under constant review and the prices of unsold arrangements may be increased or reduced at any time. We may also correct mistakes in the pricing of unsold arrangements at any time. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As changes and mistakes can happen, you must check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements at the time of booking. All prices quoted or otherwise given to you include all charges and any taxes or government charges which may apply to your booking at the time it is made.
- We may require higher deposit amounts for some bookings, the exact deposit amount will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking, we will do our very best to make the necessary changes. However, we must receive your notice in writing via email. We may agree to accept notice over the telephone, but this should be arranged with us first and is not automatically accepted because you have called a member of our team.
- If you have to or want to cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, you must phone us on the number shown on your booking confirmation as soon as possible. The day we receive your notice by phone to cancel is the date on which we will cancel your booking with the owner.
- You will have to pay a cancellation charge based on the number of days before the arrival date at the property that we receive notice. This means that if you have paid the balance of your total holiday cost and then have to, or want to cancel, you may receive a refund of part of the cost. However, if you have not paid your total booking cost, including any booking fee and the premiums for any insurance (if you have bought this) by the time of your cancellation, you may have to make a further payment to cover the cancellation charge.
- Some owners require payment of a security deposit. If this applies to your chosen property, this is a direct arrangement between you and the owner, which we may or may not administer on behalf of the owner. The amount and details of how the payment should be made and how and when it will be returned (less any costs for breakages, damages etc. if applicable) will be provided at the time of booking.
- Behaviour – You and all members of your party agree:
- to keep the property clean and tidy;
- to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived;
- to behave in a way at all times while at the property which does not break any law, be mindful that governing law differs across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland;
- not to use the property for any illegal or commercial purpose;
- not to sublet the property or any part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted on behalf of the owner as a member of your party;
- Not to behave in anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others.
- No Smoking – all properties are no smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vapes.
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse to the owner and us all costs incurred by the owner and/or us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the property which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the property by you. The owner and/or we can ask for an extra payment from you to cover any such costs. The owner expects the accommodation to be left in a reasonable state on departure. If in the owner’s or service agent’s opinion, additional cleaning is required, you will be liable to the owner for the cost of this cleaning.
- The owner / and or representative is allowed to enter the property (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example if repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these booking conditions, the owner’s own terms and conditions or any other terms that apply to your booking and/or the property. The owner or its representative also is allowed to enter the property to inspect it (including but not limited to where you have complained about the property). If this happens, you will be given reasonable notice first. You agree to allow the owner or their representative (including workmen) access to the property as required by this clause.
- You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. Guest arrival time is from 5pm onward unless special arrangements have been made with the owner.